For children born between 1 September 2014 and 31 August 2015, and due to start school in September 2019, please apply online at www.eadmissions.org.uk
The schedule for admissions for such children is shown below,
Application Period Starts 1st September 2018
Closing Date for Applications 15th January 2019
Outcome of Applications 16th April 2019
Deadline for Accepting Offer 30th April 2019
Appeal Hearings June & July 2019
For our school you will also need to complete a Supplementary Application Form (below) - this document includes full details of our admissions policy and over subscription criteria.
For all other admissions please complete the above Supplementary Application Form and forward to the school office.
So remember, for all children applying to join the school in the reception class in September 2019, you MUST apply on line at www.eadmissions.org.uk AND submit the Supplementary Application Form to the school office by 15th January 2019.
Map to show the Parish of Saints John Fisher and Thomas More, Eltham Well Hall
St Thomas More Catholic Primary School is a voluntary aided school in the Archdiocese of Southwark. The school is conducted by its governing body as part of the Catholic Church in accordance with its Trust Deed and Instrument of Government, and seeks at all times to be a witness to Jesus Christ. The school exists primarily to serve the Catholic community and Catholic children always have priority of admission. However, the Governing Body welcomes applications, subject to the availability of places, from those of other denominations and faiths who support the religious ethos of the school.
Having consulted with the Local Authority, and other admission authorities, the Governors intend to admit into the reception class for the Academic Year beginning in September 2019, up to 30 pupils without reference to ability or aptitude.
Where the number of applications on behalf of children exceeds 30, the Governors will offer places, in the order stated, using the following criteria:-
1) A looked after baptised Catholic child or a baptised Catholic child who was previously looked after but immediately after being looked after became subject to an adoption, residence, or special guardianship order.
2) Baptised Catholic children of practising Catholic parents/carers as verified by reference from the parish priest of the parish where the family regularly worships. Priority will be given to those who are resident in the parish of St John Fisher & St Thomas More, Eltham Well Hall. A parish map is available at the school. Evidence of Baptism will be required.
3) Children enrolled in the catechumenate. Evidence of enrolment in the catechumenate will be required.
4) Other looked after children or children who were previously looked after but immediately after being looked after became subject to an adoption, residence, or special guardianship order.
5) Children who are members of Eastern Orthodox Churches in union with Rome. Evidence of Baptism will be required.
6) Children of families who are committed members of other Christian denominations. Evidence of Baptism (or dedication) and of religious commitment provided by a priest or minister where the family regularly worship, will be required.
7) Children of other faiths whose parents are in sympathy with the aims and ethos of the school and whose application is supported by a religious leader.
8) Any other children.
For full details see the Admissions policy.